New classes are constantly being added, please check the Home Page or the Events Calendar for upcoming classes.
Intro to the Wisconsin Concealed Carry and Defensive Shooting 4-Hour Course
For all levels: beginners to the experienced
*This is not an NRA-approved course
* You will earn a CERTIFICATE after taking the course – (which you will copy and send in with your Wisconsin Concealed Carry License application).
What is covered…
- Handgun Safety Discussion:
- Safety Rules
- Safe firearm handling demonstration
- 2011 Wisconsin Act 35; Concealed Carry Law, Wisconsin Self-defense laws, and other pertinent laws and licensing information
- Mental preparation:
- Mindset, awareness, conflict avoidance, fight or flight and how it affects the body reflexes, de-escalation, action, and after-effects.
- Create your personal safety plan; home, car, and in public for you and your family.
- A systematic approach to personal protection
- Think and act as your own bodyguard
- Legal use of force: Wisconsin self-defense law
- Castle Doctrine
- What to expect when you are involved in a shooting
- Response to a confrontation/attack
- How this affects you mentally and physically
- How to deal with the aftermath and what to expect
- Again, how this affects you mentally and physically
- Making the 9-1-1 call, interacting with law enforcement officers, lawyers, etc.
- The aftermath
- Continuing your skill development and education
- The importance of continued education, training/leagues, other education classes, NRA Basic Pistol course and how extensive it is and what it covers
- Introduction to defensive firearms skills, training, and tactics
- How to train with your gun for protection
- Thorough Question and Answer period
- Range, firing line safety rules and etiquette (given when your range time is booked with me)
These courses are aimed towards the new shooter as well as those who have varied experience with firearms and shooting. You will never feel like you are being spoken down to or made to feel inferior.
We all had to start at the beginning – and some of you are just taking the first step!
We will keep you engaged with demos, scenarios, and hands-on training. We will take the time to answer ALL of your questions throughout the course until you feel confident.
Firearms aren’t necessary to bring to the classroom portion of the course.
Firearms should be brought to the range portion of your course. If you do not own one yet, you may arrange with us to use one of ours at the range. Talk to me privately about that and we will get you set up.
And as always…
** THERE IS NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM **
What to bring:
- Photo ID to show at the door
- Paper/pen for taking notes
- There will be short breaks in the class. Coffee & water will be available in the classroom, but you may bring your own food/drink/snacks.
Call 608-222-9725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information